What is Self Assessment?
What are the Available Tools for Self-Assessment?
What are the Advantages of Self-Assessment?
- Self-assessment tools provide you with an objective measure on whether or not you have depression.
- Once diagnosed with depression, periodic self-assessments help you monitor your progress with treatment and change course if needed.
- Sharing information from the self-assessment tools with your provider ensures that you don’t forget to report any important symptoms.
- Repeated self-assessments broaden your understanding of depression and help you recognize early symptoms in case of a relapse or recurrence.
- Self-assessments, if tracked along with interventions, will help you figure out the kind of interventions that have worked for particular symptoms and to put them to use if these symptoms return.